sarenrae
Aestheticist
Coins : 9599

sarenrae

Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:53 pm

The sun was still rising as Jules Emsworth and Natalia Cook-Moreno jog through one of the trails that pass under the aqueduct. It's nearing the end of fall, as indicated by the seemingly endless amount of dead leaves that cover the path. An early morning jog has been part of the two girl's routine for as long as Nat can remember. Other people may call them insane for getting up before morning drills started, but nothing could compare to the way the sky lit up in the morning, casting the horizon in soft pinks and blues. Besides, it was a great way to get away from the serial eavesdroppers at camp.

"Gods I cannot wait for Thanksgiving to be past us," Natalia says between breaths, "my parents are begging me to bring Charlie by for dinner." Ah yes, Charlie. That is a complicated situation she finds herself in. They had made the arrangement months ago, for Charlie to act as her boyfriend to get her parents incessant nagging off her back. He was so sweet to agree, but she couldn't help but feel bad for him. Ever since she had broken up with Carter after less than a week of "dating", they had been waiting for her to bring a boy home. So she did and then they couldn't stop asking her to bring him over again. She wasn't ready to subject Charlie back to them. Her mother treated him like he was a witness on the stand, and her father would always make sure he was still in his uniform when he came over. It was ridiculous.

"Can I just come over to your house, where you have nice, normal family dinners?"

Last edited by sarenrae on Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sorella
Admin
Coins : 13370
https://legendsfate.forumotion.com

Sorella

Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:08 pm
Every morning the two childhood best friends would go out just before the sun would rise. The blonde didn't quite know how this had become apart of their routine, because if you told Jules when she was a young kid that running would be part of her daily routine there would be complaints for days upon days. The only parts that she actually remembered about them starting this whole thing, had been it was a good way to get away from her nagging mother and her overbearing sister.

People looking in through the window around dinner time would see the typical family sitting down for dinner. The nice mahogany table, that was the main talk point for her mother's dinner parties with her colleagues/employees, is where the four Emsworths' would sit for their dinner that would consist of a protein, vegetables, and sometimes a starch. On the walls if you looked hard enough you'd see the art hung up which was only hand picked by some of the best art curators in the world. No one really talked about the wealth that Alexandria Huxley-Emsworth had or just how important of a role she played in the community, but when you looked at her home you could tell it was her pride and joy.

If you have ever heard the saying 'Looks can be deceiving,' and enjoyed a classic twist, you were in for a real treat. The Emsworth family was nothing but a theatrical production put on for the world, but much to Jules' rebellious attitude she didn't take part in the role she was supposed to play in this production, she went against the grain of everything she was sought out to be, some say it was due to the fact she was the youngest child and they were way too lenient on her, and others say she just wants the negative attention from her parents.

Just as they got a little bit away from the aqueduct and she listened to what Nat had to say she began to reply when she had the extra breaths to do so. "You don't want my house." She started saying, sure in some ways her family was probably more normal to Nat, but to Jules' she hated it, it felt so forged at times. "Unless you like having a boring show with your meal." Juliet had a little roll of her eyes at her comment and once she regain her pace she spoke again, "Just say you're going to Charlie's for Thanksgiving?" A smirk had placed on her lips as she glanced over to Natalia for a few moments, "Or would that be unheard of before marriage?" Jules typical loved to poke fun.

are we out of the woods yet Tumblr_om7b9p7i2D1qa7zvzo5_400

Last edited by Sorella on Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total
sarenrae
Aestheticist

sarenrae

Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:31 pm

"Depends on who you talk to," Natalia replies without missing a beat. There are reasons calls to her grandmother are short and succinct.
"Besides, they already not so subtly questioned him about his Thanksgiving plans last time he was over. Before I could intervene he revealed his parents were going to Aspen without him." She wishes she had talked to Charlie beforehand. Sure, she had coached him into what to say to get her parents to like him. She had just forgotten to tell him not to give out any information they might use against her.
"I would take boring any day of the year, Jules." Sure, maybe at Jules' house she'd have to listen to endless amounts of art history and quiet yet unspoken issues at their very nice mahogany table, but it sounded nice compared to the intimidation tactics her parents had going on. "Besides, I'd get to hang out with you."
Natalia pauses to take a sip of her water and check her watch. The last thing she needed was to be late for drills. Her parents would probably find out and then ground her by taking away her cell phone or forbidding her to see Charlie- wait that might actually work.
"Hey, do you think if I got into deep enough trouble they'd forget about me bringing Charlie to dinner and instead look into swiss boarding schools?" She'd be willing to make that sacrifice.

Sorella
Admin
Coins : 13370
https://legendsfate.forumotion.com

Sorella

Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:33 am
Hearing about the unfortunate events of Natalia's Thanksgiving plans, there wasn't much else that Jules could think to offer her friend. She just listened to her and thought in her own head about what other ideas, until Nat had come up with one on her own. Instantly the blonde's head had shook in disagreement with it. "Nat, you can't possibly think that would work. What would even make your parents that mad that they'd forget about Charlie?" Juliet knew what usually got a parents' attention, but she wasn't always too sure with Nat's parents or to what level Natalia would want to go.

"There are a few options," The legacy mused before she went into the various options, "You could vandalize part of New Rome. Create some nice graffiti... That's always a fun one." As much as Juliet thought it would be fun, she knew you'd get in big crap for it, because not only were you vandalizing property, you were disrespecting New Rome on a whole for it. It was something that was not expected from any legionnaire let alone someone in cohort 1. "Or you could come home ridiculously drunk from a party in an outfit your parents would absolutely disapprove of. You know the typical teenage rebellious phase."

While they continued to run, something caught the corner of her eye off in the distance. Jules stopped in her tracks and grabbed Nat by the arm to try and stop her too. She was confused for a moment because she wasn't sure if she were just seeing things or if she was actually staring at what she thought she was. The blonde peeled her eyes away from the figure briefly to look over to her best friend, "Do you see what I see?" She asked quietly pointing over to the figure standing in the forest.
sarenrae
Aestheticist

sarenrae

Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:57 pm

Natalia thinks over the two options presented to her. "Well, first of all, I'm trying to get out of dinner, not end up in the praetor's office," She says. Now there is such a thing as going too far, and jeopardizing her career in New Rome is going too far. Though, there could be a smaller version of that where she just vandalizes carter's briefcase or something. It would also kill two birds with one stone by ensuring that Carter gets the message she's in no way interested in him. She'll have to file that away for another day.

"The second one will probably get me shipped away to the nearest nunnery or orthodox synogogue depending on who wins that argument." She pauses for a moment considering, "How do you think I'd look in a habit?" Any further musings are cut short by Jules' grabbing her arm, almost causing her to slip and fall on her ass. Once she regains her balance, she peers towards where Jules is pointing. There's someone standing there for sure, though its hard to make out details.

"Its probably just one of the centurions doing rounds," She says, although she doesn't do a great job of convincing herself, "or a scarecrow?" she adds as if it was more likely.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum